Monday, June 30, 2008

This Last Weekend!

Wowsa. It has been a long time since I last updated! I always complain that nobody ever reads my blog, but should I really blame them? I update like twice a month! I don't know how some of these people blog on a daily basis. They crazy...I like them but they crazy!

This weekend was pretty darn fun. On Friday night, we headed to the Princess for happy hour. Nothing too exciting happened there but the weather was nice and lots of people showed up. After that, we went over to the yacht club. This club is usually closed to members only (meaning that you have to pay annual dues of $3,000 just to go drink there and that is not including any drinks!) There was a massive yacht race that occured recently. It took them about 4 days to race from Newport, Rhode Island, to Hamilton, Bermuda. They apparently sail in 6 hour shifts 24 hours a day for those whole 4 days. So the whole week after the race (they had gotten in on the 23rd) they open up the yacht club to the public. It was a pretty fun party. They had Gombey dancers (traditional Bermuda dancing), singers, and some dancers (the ones that I saw were whorey ones that danced to that It's Gold song from Austin Powers). We walked around and looked at many of the yachts. Man some of those yachts are massive. Apparently they all cost like $1 millionish or more to buy (there was a $22 million yacht there!) Nice to look at but I would never have one!

On Saturday we picked up our guests at the airport. Two people that me and the boyfriend used to work with in Cowtown are currently down visiting. Their flight was a bit late and they of course got searched as they wrote that they are staying with with us rather then at a hotel (so of course they must be bringing us electronics!!!) So they finally emerged in the arrivals lounge at 1:45pm (their flight landed at about noon). Good times! We rushed them home and then rushed off to Chaplin's Bay for the annual Canadians in Bermuda's Canada Day Party. By the time we got there it was about 3pm but the party was still bumping. That party is the best deal in town! You pay $10 for your annual membership and you get lunch and 4 drinks! You can usually barely get 1 drink for that price! Pretty much everyone we knew was there and there were tonnes of people I knew that weren't Canadian (coveters!) It was a beautiful day out and everyone seemed to be pretty sunburnt! No exactly remniscent of a Canadian summer....but it'll do!

That night we took the guest over to the naked guy's house for one last bru ha ha with him. Alas, he has now left the island (as of 1pm today!) for good. I am going to miss him alot! He was really good at organizing things or atleast at getting people to come out. And no party was complete without him flashing his fishing tackle! The party was pretty fun but there was a guy there that I hardly know that was getting kind of fresh with all the girls. I've only met him once before but he thought he had the right to try and rip off my shirt right when I walked in. I was like.....whooaaa buddy calm down. He was retardo drunk though! He ended up liking beer off of naked guy's floor. That is frickin' digusting because they don't clean very well and they have dogs that end up having accidents at least once every few days! The whole night was pretty fun. Lots of drinking and Guitar Hero. A few people didn't take to well to one of our guests because he is outspoken but often doesn't have anything too constructive to say. People were picking fights with him but nothing happened. Anyways I am going to miss naked guy alot and its not the same without him already. I am going to have to visit him over xmas (he lives about 3 hours away from Cowtown!)

1 comment:

Freebird said...

Yo!

Who were these guests from Cowtown that you used to work with? Do I know 'em?

Get ready cause I'm going to come visit one of these days...